Created thousands of years ago in India, yoga is a genuine way of life. The word “yoga” means "union.” Yoga creates harmony between your body and mind by boosting your physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing. It is considered an antidote to stress as it helps you stay in the present moment.
Yoga improves your concentration by forcing you to focus on your movements and presence. There are several types of yoga (Haṭha, Iyengar, Vinyasa, etc.). The discipline is based on “asanas” (poses), “pranayama” (breathing), relaxation, and meditation.
Yoga poses (lying down, seated, standing up, inversion, etc.) align the various parts of your body and are performed while breathing continually. This primarily nostril breathing is extremely good for your body (stimulation of organs and glands, elimination of tension, etc.), emotions, and mind (mental clarity, soothing of nervous system, etc.).
Certain materials (straps, blocks, special cushions, etc.) can help you discover the most suitable posture for you.
Yoga works your entire body, in particular your muscles and breathing.
It is an effective way to improve:
- circulation, digestion, and breathing
- muscle tone and joint mobility
- nervous system balance
- stress levels, anxiety, and fatigue
- With no goals to reach and completely free of competition, yoga lets you discover the rhythm that best fits your age and capabilities.
- Yoga or Pilates sessions offered by Séverine Barbe
- RATES* per session and per person for yoga and Pilates:
- From: 1 person: €70 for 60 min & €100 for 90 min
- 2 people: €75 for 60 min & €110 for 90 min
- *To be paid directly to practitioner